UG BCK'S Black Bears Worth the Wait - "KC"
2014 UGA Flushing National Champion
- SIRE: IBD CANDLEWOOD'S SON OF A SAILOR
- DAM: UG GRIZZLY BLACK BEAR - 2012 UGA Open Challenge 1st Place Winner
- OFA Hips- Good
- OFA Elbows- Normal
- EYE CERF- Clear
- EIC- Clear
KC is a Black- Yellow and Chocolate Factored 62# female, and is the product of a foundation breeding between a young stud out of FC AFC Land Ahoy and Candlewoods Made in the Shade MH QAA. He was bred to our foundation female "Bear" who was Gundog Titled in the UGA as well as a 2012 1st Place Finisher in the Flusher Division of the Open Challenge.
- May 12, 2012 (13 Months old) – Parnell, Iowa. - Upland Gundog Association Gundog Flushing Hunt Test Titled. - Open Challenge Field Trial -2nd place Flushing Division
- May 18th, 2013 (2yrs 1 month old) - Grinnell, Iowa. - Upland Gundog Association Open Challenge Field Trial - 2nd place Flushing Division
- Qualified for the 2014 Open Challenge National Championships.
- April 26th, 2014 (3yrs old) - Grinnell, Iowa. - Upland Gundog Association Open Challenge National Championship- 1st Place
- Q2014 National Champion- Flushing Division.
- March 2015 - 1st Place UGA Open Challenge Flusher Division
- April 2015 - 2nd Place UGA Open Challenge Flusher Division, National Qualifer
KC is one of our Top 3 guide dogs every fall as we provide professional guided hunts for our clients on Wild Pheasants here in Iowa. We also are contracted out to guide Upland Hunts at top-notch game preserves here as well. This allows us to hunt our dogs on Pheasants, Bobwhite Quail, Hungarian Partridge, and Chukar Partridge. Thus creating such a bird-rich environment that our dogs natural versatility shines.
Not only does KC hunt Upland game, but she also hunts Doves and Waterfowl every fall. Such a versatile dog, we have had some amazing hunts with her to this point, with many more to come, we're sure of it.
This special girl has stolen our hearts here at BCK. A mirror of her mother, she is tenacious in the field and a great companion when the day is done. We're very lucky to have her in our family and to be able to provide our clients with puppies out of her that are just as wonderful.